The adidas Consortium x UBIQ Crazy BYW x 2.0, a performance basketball shoe, nods to Korea, inspired by UBIQ's home bases of Philadelphia and Georgetown and their Sister Cities of Incheon and Seoul. The concept of Sister Cities was created in 1947 as a way of fostering friendship and understanding between cultures in a post WWII world. The highly reflective 3M materials on the engineered exterior of the uppers are inspired by day and night in cities, playing off of urban landscape elements using textures familiar to basketball, while the interior and tongue incorporate Korean typography. The sock liner features a yin yang-style color split, with the bold palette of blues and reds taking inspiration from the traditional Korean obangsaek color spectrum. The result is a shoe that captures the open-minded, global outlook of both the Sister Cities initiative and adidas Consortium alike.
- Engineered sandwich mesh upper with reﬂective underlay.
- Reﬂective welded overlays and stripes
- Reﬂective heel pull
- Full length boost midsole encapsulated in EVA cage.
- Neoprene bootie with Tyvek tongue overlay with printed details.
- Semi translucent rubber outsole
- Medial and lateral TPU support
- Color: Footwear White/ Solar Yellow/ Core Black
- Style Code: EG6608